Pages

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The Lucha Libre Taco Shop

There's a taco smack down going on in the Mission Hills neighborhood of San Diego if you haven't heard. Yes, that's right! THE LUCHA LIBRE TACO SHOP! Why hasn't this place been on Food Network or Travel Channel yet (or has it, and I've just missed it)?

Isn't it glorious?

This place is jam packed with lucha libre memorabilia. Also, the word en la calle is that they play classic lucha films on the televisions throughout the taquería. Sounds like my kind of place! These aren't sissy tacos from your local Taco Campanilla, these are fancy, tasty beasts! You can also order from a plethora of jarritos if you dare (tamarindo if you're a brave gringo). The prices are reasonable as well, which is nice to hear in this economy.

I'm not a fan of pink, but I hear it's the new black
I'm not sure the luchador from his mask, but his pink tights scare me
Ooh, a collage of some of the most famous!
Look at all that memorabilia! Estoy celoso!

Only word of caution that I know about this place is that it's tiny! So if you go, plan a good time so you can get in. Also, I hear parking is sometimes an issue. Other than that, this sounds like a great stop for a lucha libre tour of the USA.

The location is:
Lucha Libre Gourmet Taco Shop
1810 W. Washington Street
San Diego , CA 92110
(619) 296-8226

If you're lucky enough to go, let me know how it is! I was extracted from California 25 years ago, and rarely make it back!

No comments:

Post a Comment