Pages

Monday, March 28, 2011

Blue Demon Biography

This is a nice, and straightforward documentary on Blue Demon. Unfortunately, it's only spanish, and no subtitles. But even if you're a monolingual lucha fan, I think you'll get the gist of the documentary:


For those that don't know, Blue Demon is my favorite luchador from the lucha films. I guess that could be considered blasphemy, but Santo reminds me of Superman. He's just too good, things come too easy for him, there's never that big of a struggle. I feel like the Demonio Azul has to fight a lot harder to suceed. Just look at Santo Contra Las Momias de Guanajuato for example. Mil Mascaras y Blue Demon spend the entire time trying to keep from calling in Santo's help. Then Santo finally arrives and cleans up with little trouble. Below, I uploaded a few pictures and illustrations of Blue Demon and Blue Demon Jr.

This first picture is a Blue Demon illustration I did a month ago:


A photo of Blue Demon with Santo:


This photo is of Blue Demon Jr. He's not the blood kin of Blue Demon, but he was trained by Blue to take up the mantle.


This is a new Blue Demon film that never was released, by this trailer, it looked pretty good. I have mixed feelings on the Mil Mascaras vs the Aztec Mummy movie that was made in 2007. This Blue Demon film looks a little more serious:


Here's an article(español) on the unfinished Blue Demon film project:
Vuelve Blue Demon al cine

Lastly, I thought I'd show off the Blue Demon shirt design I made. It's based off a Blue Demon shirt I found online. It was nearly $30, and so instead I retooled the shirt design, then made my own shirt using stencils and spray paint. I also made a tutorial on how to make your own stencil shirts if you're interested. Just click the image and it will link you to the tutorial:


I just received Arañas Infernales(1966) in the mail from eBay. It's an early Blue Demon solo film, black and white. I'll post a review of my thoughts within the next few days.

Lastly, I also wanted to mention another project for this blog that I have in mind. Over the last few days, I've been pestering a good friend about this shiny new blog of mine, and he suggested I think about making a podcast. We once discussed doing a Zorro podcast (Zorro is another passion of mine, I have so many of the movies, serials, books, and other memorabilia), but now it seems that this might be a better subject matter. I tried doing some searches for lucha movie podcasts, and little came up. So, with that in mind, let me know what you think of the idea of a Blue Demon podcast. It probably would consist of a once a month podcast, in the style of Stuff You Missed In History Class. Each month, I'd discuss either a luchador, movie, comic, or something in the realm of this blog and dicuss for about 45 minutes.

So, to wrap up this entry, I'd like to leave you with this short 6 minute video-podcast I found from the George Eastman House: International Museum of Photography of Film. It's about a lucha-libre exhibition. There are some great pictures and clips:
http://podcast.eastmanhouse.org/lucha-libre-masked-mexican-wrestlers/

No comments:

Post a Comment