Pages

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Santo Sketchcard on Etsy

I feel weird tooting my own horn, but what the heck, this is my blog, right? Well, for those that don't know, I have an Etsy Shop. I sell a lot of my artwork on there, and currently I'm doing a series of horror sketch cards. But villains and monsters aren't anything without their heroic counterparts. So today I produced this Santo ACEO sketch card:

ACEOs (Artist Card Editions or Originals) are small originals created by artists. Perfect for collecting or trading! This is a 2½" × 3½" PSC ACEO Sketch Card of world famous luchador El Santo enmascarado de plata aka Rodolfo Guzmán Huerta (September 23, 1917 - February 5, 1984).

El Santo has been in over 52 films, and has been featured in comic book and cartoon adaptations. He started his lucha libre career in the early 1930s, only to start slowing down by 1980. His son, Hijo del Santo, continues to wrestle and dons his father's mask.

Drawn in pencil, inked, then colored with prismacolor markers. On Canson heavyweight sketch cardstock.
ACEO sketch cards are shipped with archival sleeve, plus protected with cardboard.


Okay, back to our regularly scheduled programming... I just received Mondo Lucha A Go Go in the mail today, and last week I received Lucha Noir by Rafael Navarro and From Parts Unknown. Lastly, after being borrowed for what seemed like half an eternity, I finally got Santo y Blue Demon Contra Dracula y Hombre Lobo back from a friend. One of these will be reviewed within the next few days. I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment